Prepare Our Hearts: Each Day Gets Harder        
 
           
         
     
     
       

Our Girls

Our Girls

Karlye's Adoption Video (Password: Lowercase Letters kaxb)

Lucy's Adoption Video (Password: Uppercase Letters LCXB)

     
     
       

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Each Day Gets Harder



Merry Christmas

There's a little girl trembling on a cold December morn
Crying for momma's arms
At an orphanage just outside a little China town
There the forgotten are

But half a world away I hang the stockings by the fire
And dream about the day when I can finally call you mine

It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas

As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights
I'm warmed by the fire's glow
Outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white,
Make angels in the snow

But half a world away you try your best to fight the tears
And hope that heaven's angels come to carry you here

It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas

Christmas is a time to celebrate the holy child
and we celebrate his perfect gift of love
He came to earth to give his life
and prepare a place for us
so we could have a home with him above

It's Christmas time again and now you're home
Your family is here so you will never be alone
So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms
And I'll tell you from my heart, and I'll you from my heart
I wish you Merry Christmas



This song hits home for us this Christmas.  The first half of the song makes me cry.  The last half of the song produces such joy and excitement that I can hardly stand it!  I get so excited about this time of year, but I can honestly say that I cannot stop thinking about what next Christmas will be like, our first Christmas with our little girl that the Lord has chosen to be ours forever.  Don't get me wrong, I am really trying to enjoy each day, each moment as it comes, but this time of year brings such mixed emotion.  It is that time of year that our longing for a child only gets stronger.  For now, I will rest in the truth that God's timing is perfect and enjoy this beautiful time of year.   

Lord, please hold our little girl tightly in your arms and protect her until we can get there to take her home.  Hopefully it won't be long!        





6 comments:

  1. Oh wow, what a beautiful song! I love you dear friends and I love that little girl too! I can't wait for your first Christmas together too. Something tells me though, when she comes home this summer we are going to be celebrating and spoiling her just like it was Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to make me cry tonight didn't you? What a wonderful song. I hope you both know how very much you and your little girl are loved and prayed for each and every day and like Jennifer stated we are waiting to celebrate Christmas and every other joyous occasion we missed celebrating without her with you. May the Lord keep her safe and warm and loved in his loving arms until she is in your loving and caring arms! We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for bringing tears to my eyes. Such an exciting and emotional time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful song. Nathan and Stacie I have been praying for this little girl and for both of you as you wait patiently and Im sure impatiently at times also. I think Grayson and Jacob are as excited to meet their new little cousin as the rest of us are. I have been keeping them up to date through this process too and they cant wait to have a new little girl to play with. I pray the months leading up to "delivery" go quickly and smoothly. You are always in my thoughts, prayers,and heart :) I love you both so much

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas will definitely come early next year! :) As we wait and pray for the two of you, and of course that sweet baby girl, we rejoice in the plans of our Lord to build your family in His ways and His design...so perfectly! :) Thank you for sharing precious moments last week....what joy it was to see your hearts longing for your little one. :) All our love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I am late on the uptake here. Just catching up on your blog. Stacie, this song is precious and brought tears to my eyes! You and Nathan are going to be amazing parents and the precious little girl God has already chosen for you is so blessed to have you already loving her! Next Christmas you will be holding your sweet girl!!! 10 1/2 short months from now...
    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete