Today was definitely bitter sweet! I took Karlye for her first day of Mother's Day Out. We have been talking about it for weeks now and she was so excited that the day had finally arrived! She intently watched me pack her lunch and her backpack with many, many questions about the day.
Karlye was a bit anxious as we arrived at the church, walking slowly and cautiously into the building and down the hallway to her classroom. When we arrived at her classroom, she got a big grin on her face when she saw her teachers, as if to say...whew, a familiar face!! One of her teachers showed her where to hang her backpack, and Karlye was so excited that she had a special place of her own to hang it. I told her that I would be right back after she had a fun day, and she then looked up at her teacher and asked her as well..."Mama be right back?". She then turned to give me a kiss and she was on her way to play. She never looked back. Of course, I had a huge lump in my throat and it was all I could do not to just stand there and watch and begin bawling.
I am not really sure what to do with myself! I went to the grocery and now I am home in a quiet house. Seems a little strange. I am sure I will get used to it.
Please pray that Karlye has a wonderful day! I am so proud of her and continue to be amazed at how our Lord has molded her into the precious little girl that she is today.
Karlye had a wonderful day! She did not want to leave when I came to pick her up! She was so excited to recite "God Our Father" and to show me how to sit cris cross applesauce. She was very energetic once arriving home. I could tell that she felt like a "big girl" after her first day of school. The energy quickly wore off and she crashed pretty quickly for a nap.
Enjoy the pictures!
![]() |
| Walking into school |
![]() |
| Home from school! |
![]() |
| Karlye got a sucker after her first day! |







So sweet. Glad she loved it! I teared up too thinking about how that must have felt for you. Love your new blog look too! ;)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, are we sure she is old enough for this? Yes we are! I am always amazed at how much Karlye has progressed in a years time and so inspired by the wonders of God's love for us all. He truly knew the right parents for Karlye as we all witness her continued growth physical, mentally and spiritually. What a beautiful little girl that has a heart of gold and a personality to match. Love you all!!! Aunt Ne
ReplyDeleteI peeked in on her today to see how she was doing when I dropped off my little bundle :) She was happily talking on the play phone and seemed right at home in her new classroom! So glad she is so close to EK! Can't wait to watch how she grows this year. Love and prayers during this transition.
ReplyDelete