Prepare Our Hearts: A Little Behind        
 
           
         
     
     
       

Our Girls

Our Girls

Karlye's Adoption Video (Password: Lowercase Letters kaxb)

Lucy's Adoption Video (Password: Uppercase Letters LCXB)

     
     
       

Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Little Behind

We are still here! I have had several people ask us about updating
the blog...I am so sorry for the lack of, or rather absence of, posts
to those that continue to follow (if there are any left). Life with
two precious, energetic, and oh so close in age little girls leaves
little time for blogging.

I am not really sure where to begin except for to say that we are all
staying very busy with very little sleep. Yep, that pretty much sums
it up! Sleep is very precious to this mama and I haven't seen
anywhere near enough of it in many months. Between Lucy waking up
every few hours to make sure we are still here, to Karlye's asthmatic
cough and clanging shoes, to the dog barfing numerous times in the
middle of the night, it is safe to say that we run a three ring circus
in the middle of the night around here! I pray that I would find the
joy in being with my girls in the middle of the night because they
don't stay little and love to rock forever, but boy, some nights that
is really difficult.

Karlye is such a smart, intuitive, emotional, and funny little girl
with an enormous heart! She continues to adjust to life with a little
sister. It has definitely been a tough transition for her, but we are
starting to see some positive changes with her personality and overall
behavior slowly happen over time. She is just beginning to share that
sweet smile and contagious laugh with us again! We just didn't see it
for so long, and if we did, we had to stand on our heads for it.

She is now free from night time shoes/braces and no longer has her
feet tied together...a huge praise! She has really enjoyed being able
to use her covers without getting extremely twisted! She has been
diagnosed with reflux and asthma.  She is on some new medications which
have majorly decreased her cough and completely stopped her vomiting.  We are so glad we finally figured all of that out!

She is really beginning to ask tons of questions about China, her
nannies, her China Mama, adoption, and why she looks different than
her Mama, so please pray for us that God would provide the right words
as we begin to answer these difficult questions at such a young age.

She enjoys music, books, swinging, playing with baby dolls, and
coloring. In all seriousness, I think the child would live in a swing
if she could! She has really enjoyed summer and loved her swimming
lessons and summer camp! She will begin going to school three days
each week in the fall.

We celebrated two years with Karlye last month! It is so hard to
believe it has been that long already. We celebrated by going to the
aquarium in Atlanta and a special dinner out!

Can you believe Lucy has almost been in our arms for 6 months...that
is half a year?? Lucy is a very curious, shy, smart, and overall
happy little girl! She is adjusting extremely well in every area but
sleep. We have tried every single sleeping arrangement possible and
she still continues to wake up multiple times in the middle of the
night. Sleeping has by far been the most difficult adjustment for
both of our girls.

She is allowing Nathan to do just about anything for her on most days
(including rocking her to sleep and getting up with her at night)!!
She seems to be attaching very well to us both and is beginning
to feel more secure in new situations/places.

She is understanding just about anything you say to her and is
communicating well by putting 2-3 words together. She loves singing,
imaginative play, swinging, puzzles, books, and just being outside.
She is completely potty trained, with the exception of a few accidents
here and there! She can still pitch one impressive fit, but they are
less frequent and less lengthy now. She has really enjoyed swimming
and playing on the playground this summer! She will begin going to
school two days per week in the fall.

On a sad note, we had to put our dog, Ryan, to sleep a few weeks ago
:(. They think she had some form of stomach cancer and she was just
refusing to eat. It was a difficult day for everyone, and of course
Karlye had a million difficult questions as usual.

I think that pretty much sums everything up for now! I am sure I am
forgetting a million things, but it is a good start!

Please pray for sleep!
 
 
Our sweet girl!

Silly faces!

Dying eggs


First time with bubbles!

Typical reaction around here!

And she's off...

Not so sure about the grass

Happy girl!

Candy!

Happy Easter!

Getting ready for summer!

4th of July!

Running in the rain!

Love these girls!


Not so sure about this!

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe just how much these little girls have grown. They are absolutely precious!! I can only imagine how sleep time must be for you. I do know that you are great parents and that God knew exactly what he was doing when he placed them with you!! The pictures are beautiful and I cannot wait to see them again. Love you all so much!! Aunt NENE

    ReplyDelete