We continue to stand amazed at the Lord's provision for this adoption. We are so incredibly blessed! My prayer is that our family never forgets the incredible stories of selfless giving that we have experienced throughout this process to bring our precious little boy home.
My best friend's daughter greeted me the other night by handing me an envelope. She was so excited and had a look of pure joy when handing it over. Below is the most precious letter that was sealed within the envelope, along with $50.00.
"A few days ago I was raking leaves. Daddy said $5 a bag. I said ok, that's fine with me! So I did 10 bags. And for a Christmas gift I did a little math and it added up to fifty $. I thought that it was better to give than to receive. The fifty $ has gone to Jonathan's adoption fund."
What an amazing heart this precious little girl has! Of course, my eyes filled with tears, and as I stood there, I prayed to the Lord for his guidance in helping us raise our little ones to have giving hearts like this. Truly amazing!
I also want to thank a sweet, sweet friend of mine who approached me several months back about wanting to find a way to help raise money for our adoption. She hosted a "Holiday Shop Fundraiser". The proceeds of the items ordered were given to our family for adoption costs. Over $800 was raised! We are so thankful for her sweet heart, her desire to help our family, and the time she gave to make this a huge success. Again, we just stand in awe each and every day as we walk through this journey of adoption.
We have also been blessed to receive 3 adoption grants! We have received grant money through Lifesong for Orphans (matching grant), Forever Families Foundation, and Families Outreach.
We are so thankful to be on this incredible journey!


Hey there! We met in China and traveled on the plane home together in Feb 2013. I am so thrilled for you and excited to "watch" you bring your son home. Many blessings
ReplyDelete