We had our home tour/final home study visit last night. Everything went beautifully! Our dog, Ryan, behaved herself. This is a huge blessing, as she tends to display full energy when guests arrive at our house. We passed the home tour, and our social worker informed us that our home study has been approved by her supervisor. We continue to wait on our fingerprint/DHR approval, which has to be included in the home study document. Ugh... Once we receive our fingerprint/DHR approval, the home study document will be ready for us to preview, and the supervisor to preview once more. It will then be sent off to Homeland Security. Yea!!
I spoke with someone at DHR last week who said that our paperwork would be mailed to Lifeline within two days; however that has not happened yet. I spoke with them again today, and she said that Lifeline should receive the paperwork next week, and that there was nothing she could do to make that happen any faster. So, I guess this is our start to the task of patiently waiting. I do not feel like we are doing a very good job at it, and it is only the beginning. We will work on it!
8 years ago
Hi Stacie!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for allowing me to view your blog; it has been such a blessing and brings back MANY memories with our journey. We are praying for you all and for the little girl God is providing you. What a blessing...He is so good!!
I am thankful to walk this journey with you; if you need anything or just need to talk you know where I am. We've been where you are and know all about it.
Love,
the Hamilton's
As you said before, Stacie....hurry and wait, hurry and wait. Crossing fingers and praying paperwork across people's desks.....don't they know we've got an angel waiting to be loved!! :) Hugs!
ReplyDelete