Prepare Our Hearts: Introducing...        
 
           
         
     
     
       

Our Girls

Our Girls

Karlye's Adoption Video (Password: Lowercase Letters kaxb)

Lucy's Adoption Video (Password: Uppercase Letters LCXB)

     
     
       

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Introducing...

Well, things have changed a bit since our last post.  God is so good!  The week that began with such disappointment, ended with pure joy and excitement!  By last Thursday, I was beginning to feel less emotional and the days were getting easier as they passed.  Sure, I was still disappointed, but I knew that the Lord's timing was perfect and that he was continuing to prepare our hearts for the perfect little girl. 

Nathan and I went out for dinner that night, and enjoyed our time together, as we could finally unfold the week without so much emotion.  We arrived home after dinner to wind down for the night, and within minutes, the phone rang.  It was our sweet social worker!  Nathan answered the phone.  I assumed that she was calling to check on us, as it had been a very tough week.  Before I knew it, Nathan was smiling, and our social worker was on speaker phone.  Within the next five minutes, we were opening an email with pictures of the most BEAUTIFUL baby girl that I have ever seen!!  Of course, I began crying uncontrollably.  I could not believe this was happening.  God's timing is definitely not my timing, as I could have never imagined this!  Through the tears, Nathan and I dropped everything to pray for this beautiful baby girl and for guidance over the next 24-48 hours. 

We began to review the file and send the information to the doctor's for review.  In the meantime, we could not stop looking at her pictures!  As expected, it was a rough night's sleep for the both of us.  On Friday afternoon (January 21, 2011) after talking with the doctor's and our social worker, we accepted the referral of this precious baby girl!

Now, what you have all been waiting for.  We proudly introduce you to our daughter...

Karlye Ann Xin Berck
Born on December 30, 2009
Xin is part of her Chinese name and means "Beautiful".





We will call her Karlye.  Her initials will be KAB, but we wanted to give her a part of her Chinese name.  Karlye is 13 months old today!  She is currently in an orphanage on the east coast of China.  Her file states that she has a pair of bright eyes, a plump face, a lovely smile, is smart, and likes to behave in a spoiled manner.  Karlye has a diagnosis of repaired bilateral club feet.  She was born prematurely between 32-34 weeks.  The doctor's feel that she received good care as a premature infant and good treatment for her club feet.     

We are expected to travel to China approximately 4-6 months from now.  It takes time to complete all the necessary paperwork before traveling to pick her up.  We absolutely cannot wait to hold this little peanut in our arms!  We are able to send her a care package at this time, to begin establishing a relationship with her.  This will be so much fun to put together!

We would like to once again thank you for surrounding us in prayer throughout this journey.  We would also like to thank our incredible social worker for her sweet spirit, countless hours, and her passion for the orphans of China.  We are so blessed to have her as a part of our lives!  Please continue to pray for us as we prepare for the arrival of our daughter, and for Karlye as she is being prepared to leave everything familiar and join her forever family.

We love you all!       
     

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness she is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!What more can we say except that God is wonderful and patience is a virtue! We could not be any more excited for all three of you and will be praying that you can go and get her sooner rather than later. we can not wait to see her in person and envelope her into our family forever and always. Love to all of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karlye could not be more perfect! Praise the Lord for his perfect plan for your family. We have LOTS of shopping to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely adorable! Praying for all three of you! We love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love how God revealed her to you when you were least expecting it. I love her name, and true to it, she is absolutely beautiful. I can't quit smiling and rejocing for you guys! Thank you so much for letting us know this today! Continuing to pray. We are so thrilled for you guys. You are now offically parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are very anxious to meet Karlye. As Renee said, we cannot wait to have her physically join our family. Hate to wish away time but I sure hope July arrives soon.

    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I sit here again this morning, not being able to tear my eyes away from these beautiful pictures I am brought to tears again..tears of joy for you both. I am so proud of you Nathan and Stacie for your perseverance through all of this. Nathan you have grown up into a wonderful God fearing man and Stacie I am so proud to call you sister. The strength you two have is an amazing testament to your faith. I am so excited for you both and for all of us who get to share in this little angel's life. Again, congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so excited for you guys! She is so cute. God had His own timing and I always have to know it is the perfect timing. I am praying that God will open the doors to get her sooner than you expect. Can't wait for me and the girls to meet her soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is beautiful! Absolutely perfect!! And God picked her out just for your family! We love all 3 of you and are praying now for speedy paperwork so you can hold that sweet baby girl in your arms forever!

    ReplyDelete