Prepare Our Hearts: A Precious Picture!        
 
           
         
     
     
       

Our Girls

Our Girls

Karlye's Adoption Video (Password: Lowercase Letters kaxb)

Lucy's Adoption Video (Password: Uppercase Letters LCXB)

     
     
       

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Precious Picture!

We found a company that attempts to locate "Finding Ads" of children in China.  The orphanages in China are required to run an advertisement for children that are found and brought to the orphanage.  These advertisements are known as "Finding Ads".  The advertisements provide information about where and when the child was found, and which orphanage is caring for them.  The photos included in the advertisement are usually the earliest available pictures of these children. 

This company was able to locate Karlye's "Finding Ad"!!  Her ad was published on March 22, 2010, which indicates that the photo was taken sometime between her finding date (January 4, 2009) and March 22, 2010.  This will probably be the earliest photo we will have of her (2 1/2 months or younger).  The advertisement did give us some additional information that we did not know from her referral information:  she was wrapped in a green quilt with flowers and left with 200 yuan.  Here is her precious picture!


We are still waiting on our LOA (letter of approval), which should be here in the next month or two.  This is the next big step in the process.

We found out that Karlye's care package made it to China and is on its way to the orphanage!

5 comments:

  1. March 3, 2011

    Karley,

    As we look at your picture in the "Finding Ads", we cannot help but think of how God finds each of us. Does he have a huge "finding ad" that He combs everyday to see who is lost? Probably not, but the fact that He knows when we are lost and need to be found is an awesome thing.

    In the years to come when you sit and read this, I hope you will know that even when you were left alone, in your green blanket, that you were not alone, even for a second. Your Heavenly Father watched over you every minute. He knew you when before you were, and he loved you even then.

    And for now, your mom and dad wait day by day for the news that they can travel to "find you" at long last. They have loved you since they first "met" you. You are loved.

    Grandmother Marcia and Papa Steve

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing her little face, even if I can't read a lick of what's on that paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, Marcia that was BEAUTIFUL! You made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer,
    I have to admit that Steve wrote the comments above (on our behalf). And I wouldn't make that admission except that I want others to know that I know how to spell my granddaughter's name!! :-)

    (Grandmother) Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! The more information you can gather the better. What a beautiful part to her story. I will have to get service contact information from you, so we can do this as well, when we get our referral. Or you can go ahead and email it to me if you would jagoston97 at gmail dot com Thanks! I hope you get another update soon.

    ReplyDelete