Prepare Our Hearts: Happy 18 Months Karlye!        
 
           
         
     
     
       

Our Girls

Our Girls

Karlye's Adoption Video (Password: Lowercase Letters kaxb)

Lucy's Adoption Video (Password: Uppercase Letters LCXB)

     
     
       

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy 18 Months Karlye!

We finally get to spend a "birthday" with Karlye!  We have had some really good bonding time over the past few days!  She is really coming out of her shell and showing her ever so cute personality!  She is a very curious little girl with determination to do just about anything she puts her mind to.  She will imitate everything we do and is learning so much, so quickly!  She has been a mama's girl over the past couple of days, which our guide said is typical, considering only females have taken care of her.  She loves when Daddy plays with her, but prefers Mama to hold her.  She is really warming up to Nathan, especially today!  He tries to do all the "fun" things, so that she warms up quicker.  It is working! 

We had a great day touring Nanjing.  We leave our hotel at around 4:00 tomorrow for a 6:30ish flight to Guangzhou.  We think it is only about a 2 hour flight!  Needless to say, we will get a SMALL taste of how the 14 hour flight will be on Friday!  Whew, it wears me out just thinking about it!

We are so smitten and in love!  I am sure we are biased, but we think our daughter is so beautiful and precious!  We just love her personality and can't wait for everyone to experience it!       


Into everything!




Picking carpet fuzz out of her fingers






Yogurt Mustache

We're in trouble.  We put her in the crib for her nap and this is what she decided to do!


Wrestling



Our wonderful guide Sevor!


10 comments:

  1. I have changed my desktop background every day so far. It's hard to decide which picture is the cutest; I probably need to change the background EVERY HOUR because ALL the pictures are so adorable!!! Needless to say, it's hard to concentrate on work because I keep sneaking peeks at the blog. I'm betting my co-workers can tell because I immediately start smiling.....although my smile isn't as wide as Stacie's! Not sure anybody can top that smile!! Hugs and kisses to all of you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacie, you are glowing in all the pictures! I love the one where you are holding her upside down and the one by the koi pond. Sweet memories with Momma! Happy 18 months Karlye! Something tells me the best ones are yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the Berck 3 more and more with each passing day!! I am not sure who's smile is bigger, Karlye's, Stacie's or Nathan's!!! The photos are great and it sure looks like she is warming up quite well with you guys. Praying the plane ride goes well and a very, very Happy 18 month birthday to Karlye!!! Give her some hugs and kisses from us! Love ya, aunt NeNe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nathan and Stacie I am so jealous!!! I never wanted a girl, but I see what I'm missing now. I am in love with her smile...it's infectious. I can't wait another week to see all of you...hurry up and get home!!! Love you all. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you could have received a more beautiful child. She looks like she is bursting with energy! She will fit right in with our crazy family! haha So excited for you all. Karlye has received two wonderful parents and you; an adorable daughter. Simple cannot wait to meet her. Kirsten is dying to shop so please let me know sizes and season as I know she has a full closest already. Safe travels in China and back home. We love you and are praying for the transition to continue on its smooth path. Love to all, Aunt Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning you guys,

    What a way to start our day off with the new pictures, needless to say, she is a precious little girl.

    My favorite picture so far is the one where she is eating a cookie (I think that is what she has) and she is standing sideways in the picture.

    One of the beauties of modern technology is that I am able to copy, print and put new pictures out in my office every morning of Karlye. Don't worry Grayson and Jacob, your pictures are secure too.

    Missing you guys more than you can imagine. As I look each morning at the scenes from the pictures, I am reminded of how fortunate this little girl is to be coming home with her new mom and dad, to a land where she will have the opportunity to be not only a equal person or worth, but to have the opportunity to learn about Christ.

    She is a very blest person!

    Hurry home, love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are not biased! She is the cutest thing most precious thing. I am so happy for you two. Your blogs brighten my day after I have wrestled my little one down for naps!!

    Ashley Johnson (posting as my husband, Bryan's, blog address!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thrilled for you both!!! Thank you for letting us all catch a glimpse of your precious daughter and the wonderful thing God did in bringing you all together! God Bless, Aunt Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacie!
    Karlye is absolutely so precious and soo cute! I can't wait to meet her! Just love seeing all the pics of you three together and your sweet happiness! Thank you for sharing your journey of getting her.... what a beautiful family God has made!!!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving these great and beautiful pictures! Loving the close-ups in the black and white dress....B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L!!!! Brad and I were talking about how cool it is that you guys are there and we just found out who our little girl is!!! They are so close in age and no doubt will be great friends! Can't wait to get these two together! How I wish you guys were in Maoming (that is where she is) I would beg you guys to try to get us some pictures! Anyways we are so thrilled for you guys, you all look just great and no doubt He made that sweet Karlye for you! Much Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete