Karlye has been looking forward to this day for what seems like forever! She was so excited to finally be three years old and to be having a Cinderella party! The bounce house was a surprise for her and everyone enjoyed it (including adults), despite the freezing temperature. Once she warmed up, she enjoyed being the center of attention for the day. She was so very excited that it was "her special day".
We ended the party by releasing balloons into the air with prayers for Karlye's China Mama attached to them. We realize that even though we are so joyful and happy to celebrate our precious daughters birthday, that this day may be a very difficult day for her birth mother, as she is uncertain where her daughter is, or how she is doing.
In an attempt to save money, I had the bright idea of making everything homemade for her party, except that I would not necessarily consider myself the crafty type. Every attempt at being crafty seems to end in frustration and disaster and never looks the way I had pictured it. This might be one of the few times that my vision and the end product were not so far off. I thought it turned out very nice!
Thank you to everyone who made Karlye's day very special!
 |
What a wonderful celebration that looked to be. And what a great idea for the balloons. I am sure she knows in her heart that Karlye is loved and cared for very much!!! Am so excited for all of you as you expand your family and cannot wait to meet Lucy!! Love to all, Aunt NeNe
ReplyDelete