We received I-800 approval today! Yipee!! The next steps include:
Our approval will be forwarded to the NVC (National Visa Center). NVC will upload our approval into their system and cable (send) our approval to the US consulate. Then the NVC will issue us a letter stating they have done this. I think this process takes about 1 1/2-2 weeks to complete.
We will receive the NVC letter and send it to our social worker as soon as we receive it. She will then make sure the letter is delivered to the US consulate in China. Once the consulate has our NVC letter, they will issue us our "Article 5". I think this process takes about 2-3 weeks. The "Article 5" is the consulate pre-approving Karlye for an immigrant visa. Our "Article 5" will then be taken to the CCA*.
Once the CCA* receives the "Article 5", we will be waiting on Travel Approval (TA)!! I think this could take anywhere from 2-4 weeks.
So, just a couple more steps before we are actually waiting on our Travel Approval!! It is so hard to believe that we are finally here! We are getting close Karlye!
8 years ago
Great news to read on this stormy afternoon!! We're praying that these next steps will fly by and you'll be flying to get Karlye, for real. :-)
ReplyDeleteWow! Karlye, your momma and daddy will be there before you know it. Hang on, sweet girl, I can't wait to meet you and watch you play with our little girl! :)
ReplyDeleteYay, the good news just keeps coming. Hoping/praying for the 5 week timeline. Enjoyed our little shopping trip today. Can't wait to see that beautiful girl in those dresses!
ReplyDeleteThat is great news. Karlye will be home before you know it. Still keeping my thoughts and prayers going her way! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple weeks for the shower. Love all three of you!!
ReplyDelete