We had a wonderful, yet exhausting day today! Our guide decided to change our touring schedule a bit today, so that the tour sites would be closer together. We will do the rickshaw tours, Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven, and Tienanmen Square tomorrow. The Great Wall taught us exactly how out of shape we are VERY quickly. The weather was wonderful today, with less smog and no rain, so we were able to see the mountains and The Great Wall stretching for miles. Our guide taught us so much information about these two places, that I doubt we will be able to remember everything. For those of you who don't know, The Great Wall was actually built by hand, which after seeing it, is quite amazing! We ate a tasty and identifiable lunch at the hotel near The Great Wall. We also got the opportunity to visit a jade factory and experience a HOT tea ceremony. Nathan and I walked out of the tea ceremony pouring sweat and with burnt tongues. I will have to say, I got a bit concerned at the tea ceremony when the lady said that we might feel some swelling in our throats after tasting a certain tea, but we never experienced that sensation, Whew! We were able to quickly (due to the crazy driving) see the Olympic Bird's Nest on the way home from touring. Nathan and I both seemed to dodge car sickness today, which was a true miracle!
Three more days! It is getting really close!
![]() |
| We quickly learned how out of shape we are! |
![]() |
| Summer Palace |
![]() |
| Summer Palace |
![]() |
| Olympic Bird's Nest |
Amazing! It is so much fun to wake up and start the day reading about your adventures. The Great Wall does look like quite a workout! 3 days until Karlye time!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWe're enjoying the pictures - keep 'em coming. It looks like you are having a great time doing the tourist-y thing; but with that blond hair and skinned head, it's doubtful that the locals even notice that you're tourists. ha!
ReplyDeleteHey guys, thanks for the incredible pictures, however, there is only ONE picture we all want to see!!!!!
ReplyDeleteKARLYE
Dad
Amazing pictures! Glad you are enjoying the sights. We are keeping up with you here at Child'sPlay and counting down with you! Love and prayers!
ReplyDeleteKerri
We're glad you got to see one of the wonders of the world today. Those are great pictures and it definitely looked like a major workout. The next wonder you'll see will be little Karlye Berck!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have been reading your blog and know you are about to have the most wonderful opportunity to meet your beautiful little girl!! :) We just returned home April 8th with our little china angel. I noticed that many people have looked at my blog after looking at yours so I wanted to come and see your blog!! Where do you all live? I noticed you are going through lifeline which we know is in Birmingham, where we are from. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your sweet girl in your arms!!
ReplyDeleteJulie Mann, my blog is oliviasnewhome...
So amazing...cannot wait to be there too! So excited .....3 days!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures. China looks amazing! Both of you look great. Cannot wait to see you holding Karyle. It's been a long road, but at the end is a little girl to make your family complete. I have enjoyed keeping up with your journey. How wonderful to be so far from home and be able to share this wonderful time is your lives with family and friends. Be safe.
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers.
Jan Pitts
I am writing this at 4:20PM Sunday June 26. I see it is 5:20AM June 27 in China. You will get you little girl while all of us are sleeping. Cannot wait to see the pictures of the two of you with Karlye. I will always remember the date, because guess what? June 27 is my husband Stan's birthday. Just think Stan would already be 64 years old if he were in China with you. I know you will hardly be able to sleep. Have a wonderful day.
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers!
Jan Pitts