We had a wonderful and HOT time at the Zoo! The hotel rents strollers for free, so we decided to try it out to give my back a break! If she did not sit in it, we were going to use it to hold our bags. I never would have dreamed that she would have sat in it, but she did! She sat in the stroller the entire time at the zoo! She was fine as long as I was behind her and she could not see me. Karlye took a long nap today and we headed out one last time tonight to buy an extra bag to get our stuff home and another couple bags of her Chinese formula to get us through a few weeks at home. We went to pick up KFC (tired of Chinese food) for dinner! We had a really nice time walking around tonight!
We want to thank all of our friends and family for following along as we have been on this wonderful journey of adoption. Your comments, posts, and emails have been so wonderful while we have been gone. They have given us a sense of being closer to home, which has been a wonderful feeling! Not long before we will set foot in the Birmingham airport! Remember to check the blog for any flight delays. We love you all!
| We had to get a picture of the panda in China. |
| I really like my stroller! |
| Daddy and Karlye on a walk! Sorry for the poor quality. I took this picture through the glass so she would not see me. |
| Mmm, what can I get into up there. |
| Ahh, the remote! |
Loved each and every one of your photos!!! Hope you keep your blog open a little longer after you get home and continue to add to it!! Love you, Aunt Debbie
ReplyDeleteSo glad she like the stroller and it was great to see a picture of Nathan actually getting to hold her. I know it will be bitter sweet to leave Karlye's country of birth, but she is finally coming HOME and we are so excited to see all of you! Can't wait to hear all the stories and see all the pictures. Keeping you in my prayers as you begin your journey home. Be safe and see you soon!! Love you, Aunt NeNe
ReplyDeleteSafe travels back home! I have loved every post and photo. Thank you for taking the time to make us a part of your journey. Wish we could be in Bham when you get there but we just can't swing it. Looking forward to visiting soon. If you can get to mom's then I will do everything possible to get there too. Enjoy your last night in China. Leaving has to be bittersweet.
ReplyDeleteLove you all! Aunt Shelly
Nathan,
ReplyDeleteGiven the recent events at dinner, I might be a bit more careful lifting her into the air directly over you. You know what goes down hill!!
Dad
Stacie and Nathan,
ReplyDeleteThe pictures you guys have taken of the trip and more specifically of Karlye have awesome. I have many favorites, but they are all beautiful pictures of a little girl that I have loved since you first showed her to us months ago.
For you guys, the next several days will be a mixed bag of events, leaving China, long flights, going back through Customs here in the USA and then finally the grand introduction of this precious child to her new family and home.
You already know this, but I want to say it once again for your sake...Karlye was accepted into her American family from the first time you told us about your plans to adopt a child of China. At that point, none of us knew who she was, except the One that created her for this exact role in life, to be your daughter. Our hearts have been, as yours were, prepared for Karlye. Now it is nearing the time that each of us have the opportunity to show our love for Karlye as you guys have done so beautifully over the past days.
Never wonder about her acceptance within this family, she has a FOREVER place here!
I love you guys more than I can possibly share here. Friday evening in Birmingham is a date I would never miss. Hurry home,
DAD
I have so enjoyed following your wonderful journey. The pictures have been great. Seeing both of you so very happy. What a beautiful family! God is good!
ReplyDeleteGod bless. Be safe.
Cannot wait to see you all.
Jan Pitts
I have been reading the blog every day and enjoying the journey! Hope you have a safe and quiet trip home on the long flight.
ReplyDeleteCannot wait to meet her.
Amy and girls
The excitement mounts - less than 48 hours and you'll be back at your home! Keep enjoying each moment. We're praying that the remaining flights go as well as the first. See you soon!
ReplyDelete