8 years ago
Thursday, July 7, 2011
We Made It To Shanghai, Almost There!
We have made it to Shanghai! We will be home before we know it! Sorry there are no pictures today, but it has been a busy day. We spent the morning getting ready to leave for the airport and the afternoon on the plane getting here. We made it to the Ramada in Shanghai without a guide. We are so adventuresome (yea right). There was a shuttle to bring us to the hotel and the sign for pickup at the airport was even in English. We ordered room service tonight, bathed Karlye, and she just fell asleep. We are going to bed early ourselves, as we have to be ready to leave for the airport about 6:45am. We are so ready to see everyone! Karlye did great on the plane today, so lets hope for the same tomorrow! If we do not post anything on the blog, our flights are going as planned. Our flight number coming home from Detroit is DL 3923. Sweet dreams!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Absolutely cannot wait until Friday evening to watch you walk past security as a beautiful loving family of 3 that God put together. As Nathan's dad stated, Karlye has been loved since you started the process of adoption and a part of this family forever. To finally get to see her lovely face and infectious smile in person has been worth the wait for us. She will be forever a Berck and a wonderful addition to both families. I just hope she learns to love us as much as we do her. I see more frequent visits to Birmingham in my future. And Stacie, do I get to keep her like I did you? Safe and uneventful travels!! See you soon, Love Aunt NeNe
ReplyDeleteGreat news that you made it and that Karlye did well. I think she'll be fine on the way home because she's with Mama and Daddy. She might get a little grumpy - but who wouldn't on that long of a flight! We can't wait to see all 3 of you! You've blessed us so much sharing your journey - thank you!!!
ReplyDeletePraying for you guys as you wake up for the last time in China this morning and preparing to make this long journey home. Just know there is A LOT of love waiting on you here, so maybe that will get you all through the tough parts. Especially praying for Detroit to go smoothly so you get home on time. See you all at Shuttlesworth tomorrow evening. I'll be the one sobbing and trying to video the whole thing! Love y'all!
ReplyDeleteStacie, I am a friend of Jennifer's and met you at Sam's birthday several months ago. She has kept our small group up to date on all that is going on and I am so thrilled to have been praying for you all these last few months. I have been reading over your blog tonight and my heart is full of joy for you and Nathan - and Karlye! She is such a beautiful little girl and I am praying for you as you join the unpredictable, emotion-filled, overwhelming, most rewarding and fun journey of parenthood. May God bless you and your new family! Blessings, Amy Cotton
ReplyDeleteSo glad the travels are going well so far! :) Wish we were close enough to see you guys in Detroit or Birmingham!! Wouldn't a news station like to cover your arrival so we could see you on television??? That would surely make US happy and be newsworthy for our attention! :) Have a super flight bringing sweet Karlye to her new home...can't wait to see her face as she explores her new room and surroundings. Little Miss is SO LOVED!!! Well, her mama and baba are too!! Hugs!!! Jonathan & Janie & Blueberry!
ReplyDelete